Our programme to support Maths in the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum includes sequencing and pattern work through actions and percussion. Songs and linked activities cover themes of shapes, positional language, problem solving, spacial awareness, memory recall.
Embraced by Early Years practitioners, the programme continues to support the EYFS philosophy that the provision of rich and varied music can assist children’s learning through play, linking catchy songs with other activities to enrich the child’s total learning experience.
This training solution will inspire and engage your practitioners, giving them the confidence they need to promote the learning of learning mathematical principles through musical activities. Embraced by EY practitioners, the programme continues to support the EYFS philosophy that the provision of rich and varied music can assist children’s learning through play, linking catchy songs with other activities to enrich the child’s total learning experience.
- Support EYFS Maths with inclusive songs and percussion
- Lay strong foundations for sequencing and pattern work
- Introduce shapes, positional language and problem solving
- Develop spacial awareness and memory recall
- Support learning through creative play
- Take the hard work out of planning
- Have fun every day
The downloadable programme consists of:
- Downloadable MP3’s of 12 songs for everyday learning
- Online access to training videos covering the scientific research linking music to child development and videos of each song being delivered in a setting so you can model effective delivery
- Downloadable practitioner notes with guidance for delivery and progression and ideas for related activities, teaching tips, progression and links to the Early Years curriculum.
Songs included in this programme:
- Noah’s Ark
- Little Ducky (10)
- Little Ducky (5)
- It’s Summertime
- I Love My Toes
- Tap Tap Tap
- I Can Hear An Echo
- Little Bo Peep
- Number Five Jive
- Swim Me Hearties
- Swim Me Hearties (instrumental)