Boogie Mites UK Ltd will always store your personal details securely. We’ll use your details to provide the service that you have requested, and communicate with you in the way(s) that you have actively agreed to. We will never pass your details on to anyone else without your explicit consent.
We absolutely respect your right to privacy. You are free to change your preferences or to opt out at any time, you can do so by clicking on the relevant links in the footer of any email that you receive from us, or by emailing email@example.com
1.1 Use of personal information:
From time to time, we may collect personal data from you that allows you to be identified.
Personal data we may collect (with your consent) includes:
- name, organisation, address,
- Phone number
- e-mail and web address
- I.P. address
- social media identities
- services and products of interest to you
- communication preferences
- survey or consultation responses
- bank details for purchases
- written or electronic notes from our discussions
Your personal data may be collected whilst:
- subscribing to our mailing lists
- purchasing our products
- sharing our social media
- attending Boogie Mites events – training or courses or workshops
- sub-contracting to work with, or for, Boogie Mites
Personal data is collected to enable Boogie Mites to:
- provide you with better services
- Inform you about services you have booked – eg venue/time changes or cancellations
- research product effectiveness to inform product development
- communicate more clearly with you according to your preferences
- communicate more directly with you, e.g. through email or social media channels
- process payments and postage for any purchases you make
- notify you of any changes to our services or terms and conditions
- send you information about our other products and services
- improve and personalise your online experience (e.g. through cookies which remember your login details – see below)
- enhance the security of our information systems and prevent fraud
- better understand how people interact with our websites
- determine the effectiveness of research, campaigns and advertising
- administrate and audit our accounts
Boogie Mites does not collect sensitive data (e.g. religious, philosophical or political views, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, health scores, racial information or sexual orientation). If, in the future, Boogie Mites needed to collect sensitive data (such as for an academic research programme), we will ensure that we obtain your prior explicit consent. You always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
1.2 Data Security, Cookies and Third Parties:
We take the security of your personal data extremely seriously. Boogie Mites is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and will fulfil our obligations to protect the privacy of your personal data. We have implemented appropriate physical technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data, both on and offline, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction or loss.
We use the “visitor action pixels” from Facebook Inc (1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA, or, if you are based in the EU, Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”)) on our website.
This allows user behaviour to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, which is why we are informing you, based on our knowledge of the situation. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. You can allow Facebook and its partners to place ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes.
You can object to the collection of your data by Facebook pixel, or to the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook ads by contacting the following address: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads
The Infusionsoft system statistical data collection includes determining if and when the newsletters or email broadcasts are opened and which links are clicked and when they are clicked. For technical reasons, this information can be assigned to the individual newsletter recipients. These analyses are primarily intended to help us to identify the reading habits of our users and to adapt our content to them or to send different content based on user interests.
Boogie Mites will never sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make user data commercially available to any third party, except where obligated by law. Boogie Mites will not share information about you without your express permission, or unless this information is already in the public domain, for instance on your web site. While it is unlikely, Boogie Mites may be required to disclose your personal data by a court order or to comply with other legal requirements. Boogie Mites will use all reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do so, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
Boogie Mites links directly to external websites whose content, security, privacy policies and practices we have no control over and are not responsible for.
All Boogie Mites staff are responsible for ensuring that:
- Any personal data that they hold is kept securely.
- Personal information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or via Web pages or by any other means, accidentally or otherwise, to any unauthorised third party.
Staff should note that unauthorised disclosure will usually be a disciplinary matter, and may be considered gross misconduct in some cases.
Personal information should:
- Be kept in a locked filing cabinet, drawer, or safe; or
- If it is computerised, be coded, encrypted or password protected both on a local hard drive and on a network drive that is regularly backed up
1.3 Lawful processing and retention:
We process your personal data on the following lawful bases:
- Personal data is processed on the basis of a person’s consent so that we can communicate with you by your preferred methods.
- Personal data is processed on the basis of a contractual relationship, e.g. when students, customers and sub-contractors work with Boogie Mites, attend courses or events or when customers purchase products.
- Personal data is processed on the basis of legal obligations, e.g. for our financial, audit, statutory or regulatory compliance purposes.
- Personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, e.g. marketing or advertising, income generation, disseminating our research and impacts, personalising your experience, keeping your data safe, maintaining financial records and general communications, where we are confident that this will not impact on your rights.
Boogie Mites UK Ltd has a duty to retain some staff and student personal data for a period of time following their departure from the company or company services. Mainly for legal reasons, but also for other purposes such as:
- contractual obligation
- being able to provide references and
- academic transcripts
- financial reasons, for example relating to taxation.
Different categories of data will be retained for different periods of time. The exact details of retention periods and purposes are set out and available from the Boogie Mites UK Ltd’s Designated Data Controller.
1.4 Your Rights:
You have the right to opt-out of particular communications or to ask for your personal data to be updated, restricted to specific uses, processed in a particular way, or erased from our databases. In the latter case, whilst ceasing all further communications with you, we reserve our right to retain the trail of your previous communications and evidence of your deletion request for audit purposes. In certain circumstances, you have the right to data portability, which means we will provide your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
You also have the right, free of charge, to access your personal records held on Boogie Mites files by written request, including by email, by contacting the Designated Data Controller on firstname.lastname@example.org Any request will be acknowledged within 14 days and a full response provided within 30 days of receipt of the request provided we have been able to confirm your identity. Boogie Mites may have to withhold some information where it has a duty of confidentiality to third parties under The Data Protection Act 1998.
You are free to unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by opting out using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Boogie Mites is a registered company (number 6326903). If you have any other questions about this policy or your personal data you can email or write to us for the attention of the Designated Data Controller:
Boogie Mites has a Designated Data Controller, but the Directors are ultimately responsible for implementation. However, the Designated Data Controller will deal with day-to-day matters.
Boogie Mites UK Ltd Data Controller Committee has three Designated Controllers who will take responsibility to guarantee that this policy is adhered to. They are:
- Sue Newman, Director
- Harriet Thomas, Director
- Lucy Perkins, Administrator
Any member of staff, student, applicant or other individual who considers that the Policy has not been followed in respect of personal data about himself or herself should raise the matter with the appropriate Designated Data Controller, who would be:
- Lucy Perkins, (email@example.com) who will inform the other two members of the committee and all three will investigate the matter further and will give you written confirmation of the outcome within 28 days of hearing of the incident.
Policy updated May 2018