Are you already a registered Nursery setting or Childminder using the Boogie Mites School Ready Programme? Would you like to see the full impact music can have on development at this stage?
Now you can take your music provision to the next step; maximising the benefits by encouraging parent involvement.
It is universally recognised that parent involvement has a huge impact on the brain’s development in early years. Parent support at home, such as joint activities, drawing their attention to sounds and numbers, chatting and interacting with their child, have all been linked to attainment. Where the parent involvement is not good this is a significant factor that can explain the attainment gap.
Parent involvement is an important part of any child-care experience and parent evenings, Father’s Day visits and tips for home-learning are made readily available by most settings. But “in a recent study in England, 72% of parents said that they wanted more involvement” and here at Boogie Mites, we hear you!
Why invest in a Boogie Mites School Ready Parent Workshop Pack?
Boogie Mites Tutors have been delivering parent education workshops for many years but our reach is limited. We have compiled a parent workshop pack so that you can learn how to lead a Boogie Mites parent education transition workshop at your setting anywhere in the UK.
Our Boogie Mites School Ready Parent Workshop Pack gives you everything you need to offer Boogie Mites’ School Ready Music Workshops as part of you parent involvement planning and transitioning.
The resources and tips in this pack offer an effective and engaging way to:
- Increase parent awareness on how to support their child’s development through music, focus on foundations for literacy
- Encourage home practice
- Strengthen school-parent relationships
- Support children with transition to school
What’s in the pack?
The resources included in the pack are as follows:
- THREE PARENT WORKSHOP PLANS
- With objectives and linked activities.
- Clear format for the workshop and ground rules for completing them as successfully as possible.
- Guidance for evaluations and parent feedback, as well as copyright and license agreement information.
- SEVEN LETTERS AND SOUNDS ‘ASPECTS’ POSTERS
- Identifying the seven aspects of Letters & Sounds Phase 1 – Enviromental Sounds, Instrumental Sounds, Body percussion, Rhythm and Rhyme, Alliteration, Voice sounds,
Oral blending and segmenting.
- LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR PARENTS AND CHILDREN
- School ready goals and aspirations to strive towards at home and fulfil school ready attainment.
- INFORMATION LETTER TO PARENTS INVITING THEM TO ATTEND A WORKSHOP
- A Boogie Mites letter to parents – inviting them to partake in Boogie Mites’ School Ready workshop
- PARENT HANDOUTS (LEARNING AIMS, LETTER & SOUNDS PHASE 1 OVERVIEW)
- Highlighting the intentions of using the programme.
- PARENT EVALUATION FORMS
- Suggested format for feedback form
- VIDEO OF SCHOOL READY PARENT WORKSHOP IN ACTION
Empower your parents to support their children’s development through music over the Summer holidays – and have fun enjoying a joint activity at the same time. They can access the parent download of this programme of songs for less than £6. As a licensee setting, you can give them the discount code BMLL15% so that they can claim a 15% discount.
For enquiries, contact Sue Newman, Boogie Mites Director, on 023 92 817274 or email her firstname.lastname@example.org