- Need ideas for Christmas inspired activities?
- What is the Arctic Adventure Workshop?
- This month’s promotional offer…
How are you planning to celebrate Christmas at your nursery setting this year? Music and dancing are a great way to get into the spirit – after all, it is the season to be jolly (tra-la-la-la-lah…)
The Boogie Mites Arctic Adventure Workshop is a collection of 9 downloadable songs which can be practised throughout November and December. Within the pack you will also receive teacher notes, which include variation and progression ideas. You can use the workshop to create a performance for parents, a singing assembly or just as a fun way to explore the Christmas theme. You can also use it to teach children about the non-religious traditions of Christmas, but we have also included an optional song relating to the Nativity Story.
Along with traditional songs (which, of course, have a Boogie Mites twist) you’ll find catchy and fun Boogie Mites originals. The workshop is suitable for children aged 2 to 5 and the props and instruments are home-made, therefore, making it accessible on a low budget! You can use pans or empty containers for drums and grab a couple of pens or wooden spoons for tapping sticks – as long as everyone can feel the beat!
As with all Boogie Mites resources, the songs support the Early Years Foundation Stage, with a particular focus on the 3 Prime Areas and School Ready skills. Furthermore, they can be used in any order, in a one to one session or in a group.
We have even included a suggested performance order to get you started, with optional ideas for costumes and scripts suitable for older children.
The downloadable pack contains:
- Nine downloadable Christmas songs with additional instrumental versions
- Videos of six of these songs in action to model delivery
- Song lyrics with actions
- Suggestions for practising and performing each song
- Ideas for props and instruments
- Suggested performance order for a non-religious Christmas show
- A script for older children or adults
- ‘How-to-make’ sheet so you can make the instruments used
Boogie Mites songs included in this workshop:
- Wave Hello Now It’s Christmas
- Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush
- Arctic Hop
- Tap Tap Elves
- Jingle Bells
- Christmas Cake
- When Santa Got Stuck
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- Ten Little Shepherds
Right now, we are offering 20% off our Artic Adventure Workshop! All you have to do is use promo code ARTIC20 at our checkout.
For enquiries, contact Sue Newman, Boogie Mites Director on 023 9281 7274, or email her: email@example.com